STICKY APPLE PUDDING CAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE — This warm, gooey cake is loaded with fresh apples and spices, then drizzled with homemade caramel sauce for the ultimate fall dessert.
Fall seems to be the season for all things pumpkin, but personally I’m a bigger fan of all things apple this time of year. And this Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce is a new fall favorite!
I knew immediately that I had to have the recipe! This cake was absolutely heavenly!
Besides being sinfully delicious, this cake is one of those “old-fashioned” type recipes that uses simple ingredients and is easy to make. This apple cake is true down-home comfort food at its finest.
And we haven’t even discussed the caramel topping yet! It really is a must, but if you want to simplify and save time, you can use a jarred caramel sauce.
If you do use a store-bought sauce, I would recommend warming it slightly in the microwave, then serving it over the still warm cake. There’s something so wonderful about a sweet, warm dessert on a chilly fall evening.
We also topped our cake with a dollop of whipped cream. Vanilla ice cream would be another delicious addition. But when it comes right down to it, this cake is pretty amazing on its own.
You really don’t want to skip that caramel sauce though! But no matter how you top it off, this sticky apple cake is bound to be a much requested dessert all year long.
Be sure to save this recipe for Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
This warm, gooey cake is loaded with fresh apples and spices, then drizzled with homemade caramel sauce for the ultimate fall dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples, peeled and grated
For the caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until just combined. Stir in grated apples and mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce: in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk for 1 minute. Add the salt and cream and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve cake warm with warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top.
Keywords: apple, cake, caramel
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This recipe was passed along by my mom.