SLOW COOKER SRIRACHA BEEF STREET FRIES — Spicy shredded beef is served over french fries and topped with a creamy cilantro lime dressing in this homemade take on food truck fare.
I am a huge fan of food truck cuisine, and love living in a place where there is abundance of food trucks to choose from. But I also love re-creating food truck favorites at home, like these Slow Cooker Sriracha Beef Street Fries.
A beef roast is slow cooked in beef broth and spices until it’s fall-off-the-bone tender. Then it’s mixed with a bit of Sriracha sauce and served over hot cooked French fries.
A drizzle of creamy cilantro lime dressing is the perfect garnish, along with some fresh lime wedges and a sprinkling of cilantro. You’ll actually feel like your eating at your favorite food truck.
And I suppose it goes without saying that this is the kind of meal my hungry teenage boys absolutely devoured! Everyone, including myself, went back for seconds!
I totally cheated on the French fries, and used the frozen variety. It’s just so easy! But you could go all out and make your own fries from scratch.
For those who like things extra spicy, I like to offer additional Sriracha sauce on the side. You could also top your street fries with fresh sliced jalapenos.
This is a meal we’ll definitely repeat often around here. The combination of spicy beef, crispy fries and the cool, creamy sauce was just so, so good. This is the kind of meal I crave, so you know we’ll be eating it often.
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Sriracha Beef Street Fries recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Sriracha Beef Street Fries
- Beef roast
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper
- Produce: Garlic, fresh cilantro
- Beef broth
- Sriracha sauce
- Shredded cheese
- French fries
Slow Cooker Sriracha Beef Street Fries
Spicy shredded beef is served over french fries and topped with a creamy cilantro lime dressing in this homemade take on food truck fare.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
For the beef
- 1 (2.5-3 lb) beef roast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Cooked French fries, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
For the cilantro lime sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Milk, as needed, to thin sauce
- Add roast to a lightly greased slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together spices, flour, garlic and beef broth until smooth.
- Pour mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred beef with 2 forks. Stir in Sriracha sauce until beef is coated.
- To make the cilantro lime sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Served shredded beef over hot cooked French fries. Top with shredded cheese. Drizzle with cilantro lime sauce and additional Srirach sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet