GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH BUFFALO BLUE CHEESE BUTTER — Flank steak is marinated, then grilled to perfection and topped with an herbed Buffalo and blue cheese spread, for an easy but elegant beef dinner.
One of my favorite cuts of meat to prepare on the grill is flank steak, and this version, smothered in a spicy Buffalo and blue cheese butter, is a new family favorite.
I don’t often think of pairing Buffalo sauce with beef. It’s a flavor I most often associate with chicken. But the blue cheese (which has always been a great companion to beef) really bridges the gap and creates a unique and delicious combination of flavors.
Of course, it helps that the Buffalo sauce and blue cheese are mixed up with a bunch of butter, which goes well on pretty much everything, if you ask me.
And since I have a few huge Buffalo wing fans in my house, this flank steak was a huge hit around here. I highly recommend serving it with a side of grilled corn on the cob, which is also delicious smothered in the Buffalo and blue cheese butter.
Normally, I’d cook a steak like this to medium or medium rare. But my youngest won’t touch it if there’s any red at all, so I sacrifice to feed the family. But normally, you’ll want to leave some pink in the middle for optimal flavor and tenderness.
The key with a tougher cut of meat, like flank steak, is to marinate it for a good, long time. So try and marinade overnight, or at least 8 hours, if at all possible.
And make sure you let your meat rest for at least five minutes before you slice it, to seal in all the juices. Sliced thinly, this fairly inexpensive cut of meat really does take on the look and feel of a gourmet meal.
If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful new grill recipe to try this summer, look no further than this Buffalo-style grilled flank steak! I hope you love it as much as we did!
Be sure to save this recipe for Grilled Flank Steak with Buffalo Blue Cheese Butter to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Flank Steak with Buffalo Blue Cheese Butter
- Flank steak
- Soy sauce
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Produce: garlic, onions
- Spices: oregano, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper
- Buffalo sauce
- Blue cheese
Grilled Flank Steak with Buffalo Blue Cheese Butter
Flank steak is marinated, then grilled to perfection and topped with an herbed Buffalo and blue cheese spread, for an easy but elegant beef dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
For the steak
- 1 flank steak or London Broil (2-3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
For the Buffalo Blue Cheese Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Score flank steak on both sides; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oil, ketchup, garlic, oregano, pepper, and onion.
- Place steak in a zip top bag or shallow baking dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over top. Cover or seal and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Remove steak from marinade and grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for Buffalo blue cheese butter in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Thinly slice flank steak and top with Buffalo blue cheese butter.
Total time does not include marinading.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food Network