BAKED CHICKEN SPINACH SPAGHETTI — This rich and creamy baked pasta dish features chicken, spinach and spaghetti in a cheesy Alfredo style sauce. It’s comfort food the whole family will love.
When it come to feeding a houseful of hungry teenage boys, nothing does the trick like a hearty baked pasta dish. And this Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti was a huge hit!
First of all, it’s hard to resist a cheesy Alfredo sauce. At least, it’s hard for me to resist. And while I opted to make this casserole with spaghetti noodles, in long noodle–like linguine or fettuccine–would work well too.
With the addition of chicken and fresh spinach, you’ve got a complete meal that will have everyone cleaning their plates and going back for seconds.
Even my veggie haters don’t mind the spinach in this dish.
And there’s nothing to stop you from adding more vegetables–mushrooms and peppers would be great additions to this delicious pasta bake.
I just love how the spaghetti gets a little crispy on top and around the edges. It’s my favorite part. Everyone else around here must feel the same way, because we’re always fighting over those crispy edges.
This recipe does feed a crowd, but no one is going to complain about leftovers. I certainly enjoy having this cheesy pasta dish again for lunch the next day.
This is also a great meal to make ahead and keep in the freezer, and it’s perfect if you’d like to take a meal in to a friend or neighbor who just had a baby.
This pasta is total comfort food, and is loved by everyone who tries it!
This one is destined to become a family favorite around here. I hope you love it as much as my family and I did!
Be sure to save this Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti
This rich and creamy baked pasta dish features chicken, spinach and spaghetti in a cheesy Alfredo style sauce. It’s comfort food the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 4-5 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 (15 oz.) jars Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cook spaghetti until just tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir spinach into warm spaghetti, followed by chicken and Alfredo sauce. Mix well. Spread half of mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, egg, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta cheese mixture of the spaghetti in baking dish. Top with remaining spaghetti and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: spaghetti, chicken, spinach
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker