SWEET JALAPENO PINEAPPLE BONELESS WINGS — Breaded chicken bites are smothered in a sweet and spicy jalapeno pineapple sauce and served with grilled pineapple and sliced fresh jalapeno. A favorite of both kids and adults!
We went out to dinner and Red Robin recently and my 17 year-old ordered some jalapeno pineapple boneless wings. Poor kid. I couldn’t stop stealing wings from his plate.
I couldn’t wait to get home and attempt to create these Sweet Jalapeno Pineapple Boneless Wings in my own kitchen.
I haven’t done a side by side comparison, but regardless, these boneless wings are amazing! The sauce is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. And the pineapple and jalapeno are a match made in heaven.
I’m already dreaming of other ways to use this jalapeno pineapple sauce. For starters, it would be fabulous on regular wings, and a great sauce or marinade for grilled chicken.
Just like at Red Robin, I tossed these boneless wings with some chunks of grilled pineapple and sliced fresh jalapenos. But you could certainly leave out the fresh jalapenos if you want to cut down on the spice level.
And if you will be serving these wings kids, you may want to cut back on the jalapeno in the sauce as well. Every one in my family was comfortable with the spice level, but it’s easy to cut back on the heat if needed.
You definitely don’t want to skip the grilled pineapple though. I just opened a can of pineapple rings, brushed them with some of the sauce, and grilled them for a minute or two on each side. Fresh pineapple would work too.
Thanks to the help of frozen boneless wings, this delicious chicken dish was so easy to make. It’s perfect for an appetizer or a main dish, and you’ll feel like you ordered these wings from your favorite restaurant.
Be sure to save this Sweet Jalapeno Pineapple Boneless Wings recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Breaded chicken bites are smothered in a sweet and spicy jalapeno pineapple sauce and served with grilled pineapple and sliced fresh jalapeno. A favorite of both kids and adults!
- 24 ounces frozen boneless wings or popcorn chicken
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple slices, drained
- Sliced fresh jalapeno for garnish, optional
- Cook boneless wings or popcorn chicken according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by combining sweet chili sauce, pineapple juice and jalapeno in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes. Set aside about 3 tablespoons of sauce.
- Brush pineapple slices with reserved sauce. Grill over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes per side. Cut into chunks.
- Toss remaining sauce with cooked chicken. Top with grilled pineapple chunks and sliced fresh jalapeno, if desired. Serve immediately.
Keywords: chicken, wings, pineapple, jalapeno
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: