EASY BARBECUE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN — Chicken breasts are baked in barbecue sauce with pineapple chunks in this easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new ways to prepare chicken breasts for dinner. And this Easy Barbecue Pineapple Chicken will definitely be making a repeat appearance on my menu.
This dish was so easy to put together. Easy enough that my boys could have prepped this meal on their own. Even better, everyone loved it!
Especially my thirteen year-old, who will pretty much devour anything covered in barbecue sauce.
I made this yesterday. So easy and delicious! It’s a keeper! ~ Karen
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this easy dinner ready to go into the oven in about 10 minutes.
Just cook up a side of rice and steam some veggies and you’ve got a hearty meal that will please even your picky eaters.
Feel free to use your favorite barbecue sauce in this recipe. We’re partial to Sweet Baby Ray’s around here, but really, any brand will work just fine.
And while it isn’t absolutely necessary to saute your chicken breasts before baking them, it only takes a few minutes and adds such great color and flavor. It’s totally worth it if you ask me!
This is one of those go-to meals that I always like to have the ingredients on hand for–chicken breasts, barbecue sauce and pineapple are easy to keep stocked in the pantry or freezer.
Which means I can whip this delicious chicken dinner up any time, and my family will all look forward to dinner. Which makes this recipe a winner all the way around.
I hope you love this tasty barbecue chicken as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Easy Barbecue Pineapple Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Easy Barbecue Pineapple Chicken
Chicken breasts are baked in barbecue sauce with pineapple chunks in this easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken for 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden. Chicken will not be cooked through, but will finish cooking in the oven.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour half of the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Top with pineapple chunks then pour remaining barbecue sauce over pineapple.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Keywords: chicken, barbecue sauce, pineapple
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Diethood