SLOW COOKER CARIBBEAN JERK PULLED PORK TACOS — Slow cooked shredded pork is seasoned with Caribbean spices and served in tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.
Slow cooked, shredded meat (especially pork) is a staple food at our house. It’s just such an easy, no-fuss way to feed my house full of hungry boys, and these Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos are a new favorite around here.
The addition of spices like ginger and all spice, and the pineapple juice added to the cooking liquid, make this pork different and delicious.
And then there’s the fresh pineapple salsa…..it takes these pork tacos to a whole new level! Yes, you can use drained, canned pineapple tidbits in a pinch, but if you can use fresh, I highly recommend it.
Personally, I’d be pretty happy with a big bowl of the pineapple salsa and a bag of tortilla chips.
Pork and pineapple have always been a match made in heaven, if you ask me, and these tacos are no exception.
You can serve these tacos with either corn or flour tortillas. I recently came across the really small, street taco tortillas at my grocery store, and they were perfect for this recipe.
This pork, along with the pineapple salsa, are also great served sandwich style in hamburger buns. You could even serve everything over rice for a delicious burrito bowl style meal.
This is such a simple meal–you don’t need any other toppings than the pineapple salsa–but it’s so flavorful and refreshing.
I do like to serve some lime wedges on the side, so everyone can add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to their tacos if they’d like.
My family couldn’t stop raving about this meal. Leftovers are great too, if you’re lucky enough to have any.
Whatever you do, don’t wait for Taco Tuesday to make these amazing tacos!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos
Slow cooked shredded pork is seasoned with Caribbean spices and served in tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Caribbean
For the pork
- 3 pound boneless pork roast
- 2 tablespons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Flour or corn, tortillas, for serving
For the salsa
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and spices and rub over pork.
- Place pork in a lightly greased slow cooker and carefully add the pineapple juice and vinegar to the bottom of the slow cooker (don’t pour directly over pork).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pork shreds easily with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve shredded pork in small tortillas, topped with pineapple salsa.
Keywords: pork, pineapple, jerk, tacos
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet