PINA COLADA FLUFF SALAD — Coconut pudding, pineapple, miniature marshmallows and whipped cream come together in this delicious dessert-like salad that is perfect for potlucks and backyard barbecues.
My husband is a firm believer that every holiday should include a sweet, fluffy salad made with pudding and whipped cream. And it’s hard to argue if you’ve tried this Pina Colada Fluff Salad.
It’s got all the flavors of a classic Pina Colada, like pineapple and coconut, in a delicious side dish that could easily double as a dessert.
This salad is perfect for spring time occasions like Easter or Mother’s Day, as well as summer time potlucks or barbecues with the neighbors. Whenever I bring it anywhere, it’s always one of the first things to disappear.
This salad is especially popular with kids, but I honestly haven’t met an adult yet who doesn’t love it too!
The original recipe, which I got from my mom, calls for only undrained, crushed pineapple, but I added a can of well drained pineapple tidbits for some added texture.
I also had trouble finding instant coconut cream pudding in my local store, but it was easy to buy on Amazon, and I made sure to order a few extra boxes so I have them handy whenever I want to make this fabulous tropical salad.
If you have any picky eaters who don’t like the texture of the coconut, you can leave that out. You’ll still get some coconut flavor from the pudding.
I like to top individual servings of this salad with a maraschino cherry. Wedges of freshly cut pineapple would also be a great garnish. In fact, why not add both! However you serve it up, this salad is sure to be a hit.
Be sure to save this Pina Colada Fluff Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Coconut pudding, pineapple, miniature marshmallows and whipped cream come together in this delicious dessert-like salad that is perfect for potlucks and backyard barbecues.
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2-3 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple with juice, pudding mix and coconut. Mix well. Fold in Cool Whip.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold into pudding mixture.
- Fold in pineapple tidbits and marshmallows. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This recipe has been in my mom’s file for years. I added a few twists to make it my own.