SIMPLE SRIRACHA RICE — This easy side dish recipe is such an easy way to add a little spice to your dinner menu!
If you’re tired of serving plain, boring rice as a dinner time side dish, then this Simple Sriracha Rice is the recipe for you!
Honestly, it’s so simple, you almost don’t need a recipe. Consider this more of an idea. A really, really good idea!
Basically, you just add a tablespoon or so of Sriracha sauce to your cooking liquid. The result is a delicious side that’s infused with a fabulous flavor and a hint of spiciness.
If you’re worried about it being too spicy (because Sriracha sauce is pretty spicy), don’t be. It’s just enough spice to give your rice some kick, without being overpowering. So this is definitely a side dish you can serve to the whole family.
I use my rice cooker to make this recipe, but the traditional stove top method works just as well. And you can easily scale the recipe up or down to feed more or less people.
I like to throw in a handful of chopped green onions just before serving, for a little extra color and flavor, but that’s totally optional. Cilantro or fresh parsley would also be nice additions.
And if you really like things spicy, feel free to add an extra dash or two of Sriracha sauce, or throw in a pinch of cayenne pepper. Like I said, this is more of an idea than a recipe, so make adaptations to your heart’s content.
My family loved this rice so much, I may never make plain rice again!
Be sure to save this Simple Sriracha Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
This easy side dish recipe is such an easy way to add a little spice to your dinner menu!
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth (or amount require by rice cooker, if not using stove top method)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish, optional
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together chicken broth and Sriracha sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15-18 minutes. Remove rice from heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- To make in rice cooker, place 2 scoops of rice in cooker, then add broth to appropriate fill line. Stir in Sriracha sauce, then cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover and fluff rice with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in green onions if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Tabasco