CHICKEN TORTELLINI ALFREDO SOUP — This hearty soup features cheese tortellini, chicken and fresh spinach. It’s a heartwarming meal that’s ready in 20 minutes!
There’s nothing I love more than a quick and easy soup recipe, and this Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Soup totally fits the bill.
It’s loaded with things my family loves (well, I guess they don’t love spinach, but they’ll happily eat it in this soup), and I can have it on the table in about 20 minutes!
The secret to getting this meal on the table so quickly is refrigerated tortellini, jarred Alfredo sauce, and a supermarket rotisserie chicken. Of course, you could easily adapt this to make a totally from-scratch version.
But honestly, there are nights I just don’t have time for that, and this is the kind of recipe that comes to the rescue.
You could also add more veggies to up the nutritional value. Shredded carrots and sliced mushrooms are both great choices.
You’ll definitely want to tuck this recipe away in your file for those hectic week nights when you need to get dinner ready in a hurry.
Be sure to save this Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
This hearty soup features cheese tortellini, chicken and fresh spinach. It’s a heartwarming meal that’s ready in 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (20 oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 6-8 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and Alfredo sauce to pot and heat through. Stir in sour cream and cooked chicken.
- Bring to a simmer and add tortellini. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until tortellini is almost done. Add chopped spinach and cook a few minutes longer, until spinach is just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish withe grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes