SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI MEATBALLS — Meatballs are simmered in the slow cooker in a flavorful, sweet and spicy homemade teriyaki sauce.
My youngest is a fan of pretty much anything covered in teriyaki sauce, so I knew these Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs would be a big hit at my house.
You just put a few dozen frozen meatballs in your slow cooker, then whisk together the teriyaki sauce, pour it over the meatballs, then cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
Finish the meatballs off with some green onions and sesame seeds, serve it all over hot cooked rice, and you’ve got a hot, hearty meal the whole family will love.
The teriyaki sauce is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy ingredients like soy soy sauce, garlic, brow sugar, ginger, red pepper and pineapple juice.
Sometimes I buy plain old pineapple juice. Other times, I open a can of pineapple chunks, reserve the juice, and throw the pineapple right in the slow cooker with my meatballs.
You could also add mushrooms, sliced bell peppers, broccoli, or snow peas to the mix for a delicious one-pot meal. I recommend adding veggies with just one or two hours of cooking time left, so they don’t get overdone.
I usually just serve some steamed vegetables on the side, since a few people around here have some strong opinions about vegetables.
However you serve up these teriyaki meatballs, this is a meal your family will request again and again. At least, mine does!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Meatballs are simmered in the slow cooker in a flavorful, sweet and spicy homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 2 dozen precooked, frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place meatballs in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- To make teriyaki sauce: in a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until sauce bubbles and thickens. To speed up thickening, you may turn the slow cooker to high for the last hour of cooking time.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe