ORANGE GORGONZOLA CHICKEN — An orange marmalade sauce and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese top sauteed chicken breasts in this easy but elegant meal.
The first time I made this Orange Gorgonzola Chicken for my family, I think they felt like they were eating in a fancy restaurant. Actually, I kind of felt that way too.
The best part is, this chicken dish was so easy to make, and with a fairly short ingredient list, it’s something we’ll be having again and again.
I used chicken breasts for this recipe, because that’s what I usually have on hand. But I can see it working really well with chicken thighs or tenders too. So go ahead and use what works best for you.
I think apricot jam would work great in place of the orange marmalade too. And of course, blue cheese would be a fine substitute for the Gorgonzola, if you don’t mind it’s slightly stronger flavor.
But if you really, really like sauce, you can use even more marmalade than the recipe calls for. And of course you can always add more cheese!
I wasn’t sure about the combination of orange marmalade and Gorgonazola cheese, but I must admit, they make a great pair. My family must think so too, because they couldn’t stop raving about this dish.
Add a green salad, you’ll have a hearty dinner on the table in no time, and your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen!
Be sure to save this Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Orange Gorgonzola Chicken
An orange marmalade sauce and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese top sauteed chicken breasts in this easy but elegant meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and a pinch of salt. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs, packing them on to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until well browned. Transfer chicken to a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Warm the marmalade in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then pour over the chicken. Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with Gorgonzola. Return to oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home