HERBED ORZO CHICKPEA SALAD — Chickpeas and orzo pasta tossed with fresh herbs in an olive oil and lemon vinaigrette.
If you have a resolution to eat better this year, then you’ve got to add this Herbed Orzo Chickpea Salad to your recipe collection. It’s fresh, delicious, easy to make, and good for you too!
I absolutely love this salad! First of all, I’m a huge fan of chickpeas. They’re filling and packed with protein.
And of course I love orzo. I mean, it’s pasta, so you really can’t go wrong there. I like to use whole wheat orzo when I can, although I don’t always have much luck finding it at the store.
Toss those delicious ingredients with some fresh herbs, a tangy vinaigrette and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese and you’ve got one amazing salad.
I like to make this and keep it in the refrigerator for several days worth of lunches. It would be great for taking to the office or on a picnic too.
This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and it’s so easy to make. You’ll get plenty of mileage from this recipe with very little effort.
You can use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand in this salad. Some of my favorites are Italian parsley, dill, cilantro and fresh basil.
And it’s so easy to adapt to use up what you have on hand. Any tiny pasta will work, and white beans are a great substitute for the chickpeas.
You could even toss in some leftover chicken or shrimp for some added protein. And feta will work just as well as Parmesan. Feel free take this salad and make it your own!
Be sure to save this Herbed Orzo Chickpea Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Chickpeas and orzo pasta tossed with fresh herbs in an olive oil and lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl combine cooked orzo, chickpeas and herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Pour over chickpeas/orzo mixture and toss to coat well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe