ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS AND BACON — Brussels sprouts are roasted to perfection then tossed with crispy bacon, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
Brussels sprouts are one of those things I couldn’t stand as a kid that I absolutely love as an adult. And these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds and Bacon are my new favorite way to enjoy them!
As far as I’m concerned, roasting is the way to go when it comes to Brussels sprouts. It adds great flavor, and almost gives the Brussels sprouts a caramelized flavor.
We have a local restaurant that serves roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and feta cheese as an appetizer, and I order them every time I go there. Most of the time I don’t even finish my meal because I ate too many Brussels sprouts!
And that’s where I got the inspiration for this recipe. I decided to throw in some pumpkin seeds for extra crunch. Sunflower seeds would work great too.
Trust me, you have to try these Brussels sprouts!
Besides being amazingly delicious, these Brussels sprouts are so easy to make. You just toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and then roast. The bacon, pumpkin seeds and feta go in just before serving.
Unless they are quite small, it works best to cut your Brussels sprouts in half before roasting. If they’re really big, you may even need to cut them into quarters. What’s important is that everything is about the same size, so it cooks evenly.
These Brussels sprouts are a wonderful, healthy side dish for almost any meal. And I can guarantee they’ll be making an appearance on my Thanksgiving menu.
If you didn’t like Brussels sprouts as a kid and haven’t given them another try, start with this recipe and you won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to save this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds and Bacon to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Brussels sprouts are roasted to perfection then tossed with crispy bacon, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the Brussels sprouts on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time, until Brussels sprouts are tender and browned.
- Just before serving, toss with bacon, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe