BUTTERSCOTCH SPICE CRINKLE COOKIES — Chewy powdered sugar crinkle cookies featuring butterscotch chips, cinnamon, ginger, and a hint of nutmeg.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, holiday baking season is in full swing. And I’ll definitely be including these Butterscotch Spice Crinkle Cookies on my Christmas baking list!
I’m a big believer in including a few simple, drop-style cookies on your Christmas cookie tray. I certainly don’t have time to make all kinds of fancy, cut-out, filled, frosted cookies during the busy holiday season.
Which is why I love these butterscotch crinkle cookies so much. They have wonderful, seasonal flavors, but I can whip them up without any fancy ingredients, and without spending hours in the kitchen.
They’re soft and chewy on the inside and crispy and crinkly on the outside. Pretty much cookie perfection, if you ask me.
Don’t just take my word for it though. My family loved them too!
I just love the crinkled powdered sugar coating. It’s a little bit like snow, which makes these cookies all the more festive. Don’t skip rolling your cookies in the powdered sugar. That’s actually what makes them crinkle!
Not to mention the cinnamon and ginger, with a hint of nutmeg. And of course, all those creamy butterscotch chips.
These cookies are perfect with a glass of milk, or weather permitting, a mug of hot cocoa. And I’m sure Santa wouldn’t mind if you left a few out for him on Christmas Eve.
Of course, my family loved these cookies so much, I’ll be making them all year long. I hope you love them as much as we did!
Be sure to save this recipe for Butterscotch Spice Crinkle Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Butterscotch Spice Crinkle Cookies
Chewy powdered sugar crinkle cookies featuring butterscotch chips, cinnamon, ginger, and a hint of nutmeg.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 oz.) package butterscotch chips
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then roll balls in powdered sugar to coat heavily. Place dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to crack and edges are golden. Do not overbake. Cool slightly on cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from a recipe I cut from a cooking magazine. I have no idea which one it was. So if you ever come across it, let me know!