THE BEST CINNAMON CHIP SNICKERDOODLES — The best ever snickerdoodles, with cinnamon chips, a chewy center and crispy outside. Perfect with a glass of milk!
I’m always in search of the best snickerdoodle recipe and I think I’ve finally found it. These really are the Best Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles.
They’re soft and chewy, with a perfect flavor and texture, and the cinnamon chips really put them over the top!
As far as I’m concerned, everyone needs a good snickerdoodle recipe in their collection. It’s one of those classics, like the chocolate chip cookie, that I’m always trying to perfect.
Of course, you can make these without the cinnamon chips and they’ll still be the best snickerdoodles you’ve ever had. But the cinnamon chips make them even better.
Also…..I had about 5 pounds of bulk cinnamon chips I needed to use. They can be tricky to find in stores, and are often seasonal, but you can always get cinnamon chips on Amazon.
The one ingredient you won’t want to substitute or leave out is the cream of tartar. That’s what gives snickerdoodles their unique flavor.
But seriously, just look at how perfect these cookies are. Not to thick and not too thin, with a slightly crispy outside and a chewy center. The key, as with all cookies, is not to overbake them.
With a glass of cold milk, these cinnamon chip snickerdoodles are the perfect after-school or late-night snack. I may or may not have eaten them for breakfast too.
Chocolate chip cookies will always be my favorite, but these snickerdoodles are a very close second. With or without the cinnamon chips, they are destined to become a family favorite.
And if you can bring yourself to share, be prepared for everyone to ask you for the recipe. I hope you love these cookies as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for The Best Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
The Best Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles
The best ever snickerdoodles, with cinnamon chips, a chewy center and crispy outside. Perfect with a glass of milk!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Blend in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir in cinnamon chips. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Roll dough in sugar and cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes