TACO PASTA SKILLET — Pasta, ground beef and Tex-Mex flavors come together in this quick and easy dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Anytime I can combine my favorite foods and flavors into one dish, I’m all in! And this Taco Pasta Skillet is one of those recipes!
This hearty pasta dish features all the flavors of your favorite Tex-Mex meal in one skillet! It’s a crowd pleasing dish that even my picky eaters enjoy.
Best of all, it’s so easy to make, and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand.
It’s the perfect quick dinner for those busy week nights where you want to get something on the dinner table, and you’re not in the mood for any complaining about what’s for dinner.
My husband and boys all loved this and went back for seconds, so it’s a keeper in my book!
I really love that this recipe is so versatile. You could easily replace the ground beef with ground turkey, or even shredded chicken.
And almost any kind of pasta will work. My favorites to use in this dish are rotini, penne, or shells. But good old elbow macaroni would be perfect too!
You could even sneak in some diced green peppers or other veggies to really make it a complete meal. Feel free to add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like a little heat.
This is one of those Tex-Mex style recipes that is always a hit at my house. It keeps the taco lovers happy (my husband) and the pasta lovers happy too.
Which means everyone is happy with the Taco Pasta Skillet is on the menu!
Be sure to save this Taco Pasta Skillet recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Taco Pasta Skillet
- Rotini pasta
- Ground beef
- Produce: garlic, tomatoes, green onions
- Taco seasoning
- Cream cheese
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Half and Half
- Cheddar cheese
Taco Pasta Skillet
Pasta, ground beef and Tex-Mex flavors come together in this quick and easy dinner recipe the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 ounces rotini or similar pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, tomato, green onion or other taco toppings
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown grown beef until cooked through. Add garlic and taco seasoning mix and cook a few minutes more. Stir in water and simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cook until melted and smooth. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chilies, followed by half and half.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in pasta.
- If desired, top with chopped cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, or your favorite taco toppings before serving.
Keywords: pasta, ground beef, cheese
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe