BLACKBERRY YOGURT OAT BARS — Fresh blackberries are the star of these cookie bars, which feature a ribbon of creamy blackberry yogurt in the center and a crumbly oatmeal topping.
Fresh berry season is coming to a close, but I just had to share one last berry recipe with you, because these Blackberry Yogurt Oat Bars are to good to keep a secret until next year!
We attended a going-away potluck this summer for friends and I brought these blackberry bars to share. They were a huge hit!
My son reported to me afterwards that all his friends proclaimed them the best dessert at the party. I didn’t try every dessert to confirm these findings, but I will say that these bars are pretty fantastic!
And the best part is, they are so easy to make! They remind me a lot of a berry crumble, and the addition of yogurt makes them even better than the traditional oatmeal-style cookie bar.
The use of an oatmeal cookie makes makes these bars super quick and easy to make. You should be able to find the Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix in the baking aisle beside the cake and muffin mixes.
Of course, you could also make an oatmeal cookie bar base from scratch if you have your own favorite recipe.
And although I haven’t tried it yet, I’m certain this recipe would work well with other fruit. I’m going to try blueberries next, and I think a mixed berry version would also be wonderful.
Because of the yogurt in these blackberry bars, I keep any leftovers in the refrigerator, but they do taste best if you allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating them.
If you do anything with those end-of-the-summer blackberries, be sure to make these blackberry yogurt bars!
Be sure to save this recipe for Blackberry Yogurt Oat Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Fresh blackberries are the star of these cookie bars, which feature a ribbon of creamy blackberry yogurt in the center and a crumbly oatmeal topping.
- 2 pouches (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 containers (5.3 oz.) blackberry yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookie mix in a large bowl. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 3 cups of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Gently stir in yogurt and vanilla. Spoon yogurt mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle blackberries evenly over yogurt. Top evenly with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled before cutting into bars. Store leftover bars, covered in the refrigerator.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Betty Crocker