SLOW COOKER BARBECUE COLA CHICKEN — This super simple shredded barbecue chicken is the perfect easy meal for those busy week nights!
There is nothing I love more than a super easy slow cooker meal on a busy week night. And this Slow Cooker Barbecue Cola Chicken has become a new family favorite!
Dinner really doesn’t get any easier than this slow cooker chicken. And it’s made with just a handful of simple ingredients that you probably already have!
If not, you should definitely keep everything on had for this recipe, because you can literally throw it together in a matter of minutes! Which makes it perfect for those days when you really don’t have time to make dinner, but you don’t want to get take-out again!
If you’re wondering about the lemon in this recipe, trust me, you want to use it! It’s what gives this shredded chicken its unique flavor!
It’s great on it’s own too, or served over rice, and even in tacos! I love that it’s so versatile! And every time I make it my family raves and cleans their plates.
School starts for us in just a few weeks, and this is just the kind of quick and easy dinner recipe you’ll want in your collection when things start getting hectic again!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Barbecue Cola Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
This super simple shredded barbecue chicken is the perfect easy meal for those busy week nights!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 (12 oz.) can Coke
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hamburger buns, for serving
- Place chicken, lemon, onion, barbecue sauce, cola and garlic in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve on hamburger buns with extra barbecue sauce, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Southern Plate