You’ve probably noticed that tin foil dinners are all the rage on Pinterest right now. But you can make more than just dinner wrapped in foil. Like this amazing Grilled Cream Cheese Pesto Spread!
This cheesy spread is one of the easiest, tastiest appetizers I’ve made in a long time!
And it only requires three ingredients, plus some crackers or baguette slices for serving. And about ten minutes on the grill.
It seriously doesn’t get any faster or easier than that! You can make this in the oven, but it will take a bit longer to melt the cheese. If you want it done in practically no time, grilling is the way to go.
How could you possibly go wrong with two kinds of melty cheese and smother in basil pesto? Even my kids, who don’t normally go for cream cheese, gobbled this stuff up!
This is such a fun appetizer to serve for company, because every can just gather ’round and dig in. And believe me, you’ll be getting requests for the recipe!
You can use either full or reduced fat cream cheese in this recipe. Just know that lower fat cream cheese is a little softer, so you won’t need to grill it as long.
I had tons of basil in my garden, so I whipped up some homemade pesto for this, but store bought pesto is perfectly fine.
If my garden wasn’t over-run with basil, I would have totally gone with store bought pesto! Either way, you won’t be disappointed in this gooey, cheese, flavorful spread.
Be sure to save this Grilled Cream Cheese Pesto Spread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Cream cheese is topped with pesto and mozzarella, then grilled for a quick and easy appetizer!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella
- Crackers or sliced baguettes, for serving
- Heat grill to medium heat. Spray and 8-inch square of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place unwrapped cream cheese on foil. Top with pesto and mozzarella cheese.
- Seal foil to enclose cheese. Place on grill and close lid. Grill for about 10 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and cream cheese is soft but still holds it shape.
- Serve warm with crackers or baguette slices.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves