SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE GREEN CHILE PORK TACOS — Slow cooked pork with a green chile pineapple marinade, served in warm flour or corn tortillas.
Did you know that pork and pineapple were a match made in heaven? If not, then these Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chile Pork Tacos will convince you!
These tacos are the perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors. In additional to crushed pineapple and green chiles, this tasty taco filling features salsa verde, brown sugar and diced jalapeno. It’s like a fiesta in your mouth!
Besides being delicious, this recipe is quick and easy to put together. Just throw everything in the slow cooker and walk away. In four to five hours, dinner is done!
I highly recommend serving these tacos with some homemade pineapple coleslaw–or any kind of coleslaw–but any of your favorite taco toppings will work just fine! Avocados and limes for squeezing are also popular at my house.
And you can use corn or flour tortillas. It’s totally up to you!
My whole family loves these tacos, and no one complains if we have leftovers the next day. Although we rarely do in a house full of hungry teenage boys.
If you do happen to have leftovers and want to make something besides tacos, try quesadillas or burritos. These sweet and spicy pork tacos are a favorite recipe in the regular dinner rotation at our house.
Don’t wait for Taco Tuesday to make these amazing tacos! They’ll be a hit any night of the week.
We hope you love them as much as we do!
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chile Pork Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Slow cooked pork with a green chile pineapple marinade, served in warm flour or corn tortillas.
- 1 (2-3) pound pork roast
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilis
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons diced jalapeno
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Taco toppings, such as coleslaw, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocado, etc.
- Place the pork in a lightly greased slow cooker,
- In a medium bowl, combine the salsa verde, pineapple, green chiles, brown sugar, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over pork roast.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Drain the juices from the crock pot through a colander and save the liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded pork and the liquid from the slow cooker. Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves