CRISPY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES — Loaded with chocolate chips, these cookies have a chewy middle and a crispy outside. The perfect chocolate chip cookie!
I’m a big fan of soft chocolate chip cookies, but it turns out that some people in my family prefer a crispy cookie. So these Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect compromise!
I have to confess, I might even like these more than a traditional soft chocolate chip cookie. They’re the perfect balance of crispy and chewy, with a soft center and a crispy outside.
Pretty much chocolate chip cookie perfection!
My family agreed, and requested that this be our go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on. It doesn’t happen very often, but I love it when I find a recipe that everyone can agree on!
Technically, you’d have to call these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, since there is a handful of old-fashioned oats in the recipe. They give the cookies a wonderful texture with out really making them seem like an oatmeal cookie.
And a generous portion of chocolate chips put these cookies over the top! I like semi-sweet myself, but milk, dark or even a combination are also wonderful. One thing is for sure, these didn’t last long at my house!
As with any cookie recipe, be sure not to over bake these for the ultimate chewy center. And don’t forget a cold glass of milk!
Be sure to save this Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Loaded with chocolate chips, these cookies have a chewy middle and a crispy outside. The perfect chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are light golden brown with slightly darker edges. Do not over bake.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from King Arthur Flour