BEEF PINEAPPLE CURRY — Thinly sliced beef with pineapple chunks and red peppers in a creamy, coconut milk based curry.
A few weeks ago I went out to lunch with my 16 year-old son. He ordered Beef Pineapple Curry. Let’s just say it was one of those “I wish I had what he was having” moments.
So of course, I had to recreate his lunch at home so I could enjoy it for myself! I should say that I’m a huge fan of curry, and this is one of my favorites!
Honestly, the pineapple is my favorite part, and I’d love a totally vegetarian version. But I am feeding a bunch of hungry teenage boys…..
If you’d prefer, you can sub chicken for the beef and it’s just as good. I used beef because I wanted to recreate the dish just as we had it at the restaurant.
Yes, I did eat more than my fair share of my son’s lunch that day. But I was paying, so what could the poor kid do?
This recipe, as written, makes a fairly mild curry. Feel free to add some cayenne pepper if you like a spicy curry.
You could also sub a jalapeno pepper for one of the bell peppers for a little extra heat.
This dish is loaded with so many amazing flavors–coconut milk, curry paste, pineapple, green onion, red pepper, garlic, cilantro, and ginger, to name a few.
And it’s such a pretty, colorful dish too! I like using red peppers in the dish, but green, yellow, orange, or a combination will work just fine!
Be sure to save this Beef Pineapple Curry recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Beef Pineapple Curry
Thinly sliced beef with pineapple chunks and red peppers in a creamy, coconut milk based curry.
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced stir-fry beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion and cook until beef is browned and cooked through. Stir in garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, ginger and brown sugar and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream and bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the pineapple and peppers. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until peppers are just tender as sauce is thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro and green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.