BAKED SPAGHETTI LASAGNA — Hearty baked spaghetti in a creamy mozzarella and ricotta base, topped with a flavorful sausage marinara sauce.
I never share a recipe here that wasn’t a success with myself or my family. But every once in awhile I make something that my family really, really loves.
This Baked Spaghetti Lasagna was one of those recipes. As my boys would say, it was epic!
As the name suggests, this dish is a cross between a creamy, cheese baked spaghetti and a hearty, meat filled lasagna. If you’re looking for a crowd pleasing dinner, this is the recipe for you!
The spaghetti portion of this dish is loaded with mozzarella and ricotta cheese. It’s baked until firm, then sliced and topped with a hearty marinara based meat sauce.
I like to top mine off with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil.
I used Italian sausage in my meat sauce, but ground beef or even a combination would work great too! You could even do a vegetarian sauce.
It’s going to be amazing no matter what you add to your marinara.
I love how the spaghetti portion of this dish slices up so beautifully. It makes for a great presentation! And if you need to feed a crowd, this spaghetti lasagna will definitely do the trick.
It makes a 9 x 13 pan, but because it’s such a rich, dense dish, you can serve smaller portions and feed more people than you might expect.
Next time a need to take something to a potluck, this hearty pasta dish is what I’m bringing!
All you need is a green salad on the side and you’ve got a dinner your family and friends will rave about. And the leftovers are pretty great too!
Be sure to save this Baked Spaghetti Lasagna recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Baked Spaghetti Lasagna
Hearty baked spaghetti in a creamy mozzarella and ricotta base, topped with a flavorful sausage marinara sauce.
- 16 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (23.5 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish, optional
For the spaghetti
For the sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until just tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, sour cream, cream cheese, half-and-half, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti and toss until well coated.
- Pour the spaghetti mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Top spaghetti with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the pasta is baking, prepare the meat sauce. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and sausage and saute until the meat is cooked through and the onion is translucent. Add spaghetti sauce, adjust for seasoning, and simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Remove the pasta from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut the pasta into squares and top each serving with the meat sauce. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Cassie Craves