CHOCOLATE CHIP CANNOLI CONES (CONE-OLI) — Ice cream cones are a fun and easy substitute for traditional cannoli shells in these Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones.
If you’re looking for an easy but elegant dessert to serve for a Mother’s Day dinner, baby shower, or other special occasion, look no further than these Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones!
Chocolate ice cream cones and an easy cannoli filling come together to create these fun and delicious treats that will be the talk of your next party or get together.
As we were enjoying our cannoli cones for dessert one evening, my 16 year-old son suggested that we call them cone-oli! So that’s the name they go by at our house.
I love using chocolate ice cream cones in this recipe, but regular cones will work just as well. The chocolate cones I found were larger, so I got six cannoli cones from this recipe, but using mini cones would yield closer to 12 servings.
And here’s a tasty tip, if you have any broken cones and leftover filling, just dip the cone pieces in the cannoli filling. Not as elegant, but just as tasty!
Be sure not to fill your cones with the cannoli filling until just before serving. Otherwise, your ice cream cones will get soggy. And nobody wants that!
Just keep your filling refrigerated until serving time, then pipe the filling in using a pastry bag, or my preferred method–a large zip top bag with the corner cut off.
I like to serve this dessert with some fresh fruit and a garnish of mint leaves.
This twist on traditional cannoli is such a fun, easy way to enjoy the classic Italian dessert, without all the hassle. Enjoy!
Be sure to save recipe for Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones
Ice cream cones are a fun and easy substitute for traditional cannoli shells in these Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 package chocolate or regular ice cream cones
- 1 (3.3 oz.) package white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 oz.) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Let stand 3-5 minutes, or until firm.
- With an electric mixer, beat ricotta, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Just before serving, pipe cannoli filling into cones using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with the corner cut off. Place cones upright in a tall glass for easier filling. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and chopped pistachios, for garnish. Serve immediately.
Keywords: chocolate, cannoli
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Woman’s World