LEMON OLIVE OIL LINGUINE WITH CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS — Whole grain linguine tossed with chicken and asparagus in a lemon olive oil sauce.
Being a mom to three teenage boys means having a repertoire of quick and easy recipes that are both wholesome and delicious. This Lemon Olive Oil Linguine with Chicken and Asparagus is one of those meals I can have on the table in about 20 minutes and feel good about serving to my family.
With my kids in different after-school activities, getting dinner on the table can be a challenge. One of my secrets is to keep my pantry stocked with Barilla pasta from Walmart.
It cooks up in 10 minutes or less, and it’s so easy to add things like veggies and protein to make a complete meal.
Even better, my kids don’t notice if I swap regular pasta for Barilla Whole Grain pasta. It’s made with 100% whole wheat and has 56 grams of whole grain per serving.
That makes it an excellent source of fiber and the perfect foundation for super wholesome and delicious meals your family will love!
For this linguine dish, I whipped up a sauce of lemon juice, olive oil and garlic while my chicken and pasta cooked. I tossed some asparagus in with the pasta during the last few minutes of cooking and it was perfect!
Then I coated my pasta in the lemon and olive oil mixture and topped each serving off with some sliced, sauteed chicken breast and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Dinner really doesn’t get much easier than this!
Lemon Olive Oil Linguine with Chicken and Asparagus
Whole grain linguine tossed with chicken and asparagus in a lemon olive oil sauce.
- 16 ounces Barilla Whole Grain Linguine
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Add asparagus during last two minutes of cooking; drain.
- While linguine is cooking, season chicken breasts with garlic salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until dark golden brown and cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss pasta and asparagus with olive oil and lemon mixture. Add fresh parsley and toss again.
- Portion linguine onto 6 individual plates. Thinly slice the chicken breasts and top each serving of linguine with chicken. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
One of my favorite things about this dish is that it’s so easy to switch up the vegetables to create something different. Frozen peas are another favorite of ours, and green beans are delicious too.
And there’s no reason to limit yourself to just one veggie. You can add as many as you like!
Don’t be afraid to switch up your protein either. Shrimp is a great substitution for the chicken.
It cooks up even faster than chicken and makes my family feel like I’ve made something really fancy for dinner!
I always stock up on a variety of Barilla pasta on my weekly shopping trip to Walmart because I know if I have it on hand, I can always come up with a wholesome dinner in a hurry. Which is a must for busy moms like me!
And be sure to try their Gluten Free, ProteinPLUS and White Fiber Pastas too. Barilla Gluten Free pasta has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods.”
Thank you Barilla for sponsoring this post. All opinions shared are my own.