I know I’ve stumbled upon recipe gold when my kids take one bite and say, “This is really good!” And that’s exactly what happened when I served this Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet for dinner.
Not only did it go immediately into the regular recipe rotation, this is a meal I can see us eating every week and never getting tired of.
The best part is, this meal is so easy to make! You’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes, and everyone will be raving about dinner. It doesn’t get any better than that!
And did I mention it all comes together in one skillet. Which means fewer dishes for you to do afterwards. Honestly, I think this chicken enchilada skillet may just be the perfect meal for those hectic week nights.
And we have a lot of those at my house!
If you prefer, you can substitute another variety of beans for the black–pinto would work especially well. And you don’t have to limit yourself to the listed toppings. Whatever you love to add to your tacos, enchiladas and burritos would work well here.
I confess, I was a little skeptical about the lettuce, but it works. Think of this dish as a cross between a chicken taco salad and an enchilada. You can usually find prepared pico de gallo in the produce section of your grocery store. If not you an make your own–I’ve got a great pico de gallo recipe here. Your regular salsa will work great too!
Just be sure you’ve thawed your chicken and softened your cream cheese ahead of time, and you’ll have this crowd-pleasing Tex Mex dinner on the table in no time.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
This quick and easy Tex Mex chicken dish is a meal the whole family will love!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 oz.) package Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and milk; set aside.
- Toss chicken with the remaining taco seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until done, about 6 minutes.
- Add the beans and cream cheese mixture to the skillet. Cook until well combined and heated through. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Top the chicken mixture with lettuce, pico de gallo and shredded cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Be sure to save this quick and easy chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Kraft