When I have time on the weekends, I to offer up something besides the usual cold cereal for my boys to enjoy for breakfast. And I can’t think of a breakfast I love more than cinnamon rolls. However, even on weekends, I don’t always have time for that. Which is why I love this delicious Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread.
This wonderful loaf of sweet bread has all the flavors of a cinnamon roll, but it’s much faster and easier to make! So it’s a win-win as far as I’m concerned. I love anything that saves me time in the kitchen.
And, if you want to take it a step further, this makes some pretty amazing French toast!
My boys loved this for breakfast, and we even had enough that they could enjoy a slice on Monday morning before they left for school. The ribbon of cinnamon a sugar was their favorite part, of course.
But the powdered sugar glaze was a big hit too. Maybe because they don’t get to eat frosting on their breakfast very often around here.
This recipe can also be used to make smaller loaves, which are fun to give to friends and neighbors. And it freezes well too! It’s just a great, basic recipe that I’ll use again and again.
I like to spray my pan with Baker’s Joy before baking, but if you don’t have that handy, the traditional grease and flour method will work too.
I can definitely see this cinnamon bread becoming a weekend breakfast staple at our house. And it’s great for after-school snacking too!
Be sure to save this delicious quick bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
A sweet quick bread with a cinnamon and sugar swirl.
For the bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk or Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
For the cinnamon swirl
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, milk or Half and Half, vanilla and sour cream.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour about half of the batter into your prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the cinnamon swirl. Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture over the batter in the pan. Use a knife to gently swirl the cinnamon mixture into the bread.
- Add the remaining batter to the pan, followed by the remaining cinnamon swirl mixture, and run the knife through the batter again.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Center Cut Cook