CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRIFLE — Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate cream, fudge sauce, whipped cream and fresh raspberries come together in this beautiful layered dessert.
If you’ve never made a trifle, what are you waiting for? They are so easy, not to mention, impressive. And this Chocolate Raspberry Trifle is the perfect dessert for your Valentine’s Day celebration.
The brilliant thing about a trifle is that you really can’t mess it up. Even it if looks a little messy, that’s okay. It’s supposed to look a little messy. And no one will care how it looks because it tastes delicious!
But you can definitely use different kinds of cake mix, pudding and fruit, and come up with a creation that’s all your own. Mixed berries and white cake with vanilla pudding are another favorite combination.
But did I mention I love chocolate and raspberry?
This tasty trifle starts off with a layer of chocolate cake (from a mix–I’m all for convenience!)
Next comes a drizzle of fudge sauce, followed by a creamy chocolate mousse, fresh raspberries and whipped cream. Repeat and top with chocolate shavings.
Like I said, so easy. And if you really want to make it decadent, try replacing the chocolate cake with gooey fudge brownies.
If you don’t have a trifle bowl, don’t worry. You can layer this in any large glass bowl, or go the individual serving route and layer the ingredients in small glass dessert dishes or Mason jars.
No matter how you put it together, it’s going to be a big hit!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Raspberry Trifle recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate cream, fudge sauce, whipped cream and fresh raspberries come together in this beautiful layered dessert.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: British
- 1 (16.25 oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3.9 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 2 (6 oz.) containers fresh raspberries
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Whisk together cake mix, water, oil and eggs until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl until smooth; refrigerate.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture.
- Cut the cooled cake into 1.5 inch cubes. Layer half of the cubes in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Drizzle half of the fudge sauce over the cake, then top with half of the chocolate pudding mixture. Sprinkle half of the raspberries over the pudding, then top with half of the remaining whipped cream.
- Repeat, ending with whipped cream. If desired, top with chocolate shavings for garnish.
Keywords: chocolate, raspberry, trifle
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Family Circle Magazine