I LOVE hashbrowns! Especially “Southern style” hashbrowns, where the potatoes are diced instead of shredded. And my younger brother recently introduced me to a great hashbrown seasoning hack. Now I can make The Best 3 Ingredient Hashbrowns with just three simple ingredients!
The secret is steak seasoning! That’s right, all you need for perfect hashbrowns are some diced potatoes, butter, and steak seasoning. Believe me, it’s the only way I season my hashbrowns now.
These perfectly diced breakfast potatoes are bursting with flavor thank to my brother’s simple recipe hack!
Of course, dicing your potatoes can be a bit tedious. Which is why I’m so excited to tell you about my new Hamilton Beach Professional 14 Cup Dicing Food Processor.
You guys, it dices! I can’t even tell you what a time-saver that is. This is one amazing machine!
Besides dicing, this food processor has an adjustable slicing blade with 14 thickness settings. Fourteen!
Which means you can quickly create super thin potato slices for things like homemade potato chips. And the 3-in-1 Big Mouth feed tube means less pre-cutting before your food goes into the processor.
As you can see, the Hamilton Beach Professional 14 Cup Dicing Food Processor comes with a handy storage case for all of your attachments.
I really love everything about this machine! Just look at those perfectly diced potatoes. And it only took me a few minutes!
I’ve also used the dicing blade for making homemade pico de gallo. I wasn’t sure how softer items like tomatoes would go through the dicing blade, but it worked perfectly.
I also used the mixing blade to whip up a batch of my favorite shortbread dough. I couldn’t believe how fast it came together!
And even with the huge, 14 cup capacity, it isn’t too big to sit on my kitchen counter. Plus, the blades, bowl and lid are dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. That’s super important to me!
I also love the Stack and Snap assembly. No more tricky twisting to get my food processor lid on just right. I can see myself using this food processor almost every day.
My boys were so excited about homemade hashbrowns for breakfast! Until now, hashbrowns are something I’ve rarely made from scratch, because of all that tedious chopping.
With my new Hamilton Beach food processor, I can see us enjoying these hashbrowns on a regular basis. And once you’ve diced your potatoes, this recipe couldn’t be any easier.
Perfectly diced and seasoned hashbrowns made with just three ingredients.
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3-5 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons steak seasoning blend
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add quartered potatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are still firm, but can be pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice them into small cubes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning.
- Cook, stirring often, until potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add more butter as needed, and more steak seasoning, to taste, if desired. Serve hot!
- Serving Size: 6
Thank you Hamilton Beach for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are my own.