CHEESY SAUSAGE PIZZA SLIDERS — Savory sausage pizza filling and melted cheese, baked in seasoned slider buns and served hot.
If you’re looking for a warm, cheesy sandwich to serve on game day, look no further than these Cheesy Sausage Pizza Sliders! Everyone at my house loved them, and they’re sure to be a hit no matter when you serve them.
First of all, sliders are just fun! When you fill them with seasoned ground beef, Italian sausage and lots of cheese, they’re just plain delicious!
And using King’s Hawaiian Rolls allows you to make your sandwiches all at once, rather than making a bunch of individual little sandwiches. It’s such a time saver!
You can also prep your meat filling a day ahead if you’re looking to save even more time.
I don’t recommend putting the sandwiches together to far ahead of time though. With the pizza sauce in the filling, your bread might get a little soggy.
Once your sliders are all put together though, they bake up in about 15 minutes!
My husband and boys (talking with their mouths full), couldn’t stop raving about how good these little sandwiches were.
Feel free to add mushrooms, olives, or green pepper too, or any other favorite pizza toppings you have. We tend to all like different things around here, so I kept my sliders pretty simple.
One thing is for sure, these cheesy pizza sliders are sure to be a hit at any party or get together. At my house, they were a hit for dinner!
Be sure to save this Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Cheesy Sausage Pizza Sliders
Savory sausage pizza filling and melted cheese, baked in seasoned slider buns and served hot.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cloved garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the King’s Hawaiian Rolls in half horizontally, keeping the rolls connected together and the top and bottom pieces intact. You should have one large bottom piece and one large top piece.
- Place the bottom sheet of rolls onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and cook a minute or two longer. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the ground beef and sausage and cook until browned and no pink remains. Drain fat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Layer 6 slices of mozzarella cheese over the bottom piece of bread. Spread the cooked meat mixture evenly on top. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of pizza sauce.
- Arrange the remaining sliced mozzarella cheese on top of the meat and cover with the top piece of bread.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Brush the top and sides of the bread with the melted butter mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover sandwiches loosely with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the sandwiches are golden brown.
- Cut or pull apart the sliders apart and serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.
Keywords: pork, pizza, sliders
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen