PECAN SANDIES SHORTBREAD COOKIES — Delightful pecan shortbread cookies coated in powdered sugar. A holiday cookie classic!
I am a huge fan of pecan studded shortbread cookies. And also Russian tea cakes, Mexican wedding cookies, and snowball cookies. I love them all!
And these Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies are my favorite variation on all of them. If you ask me, these little powdered sugar-coated cookies are the ultimate Christmas cookie.
With the snowy white coating, they are so festive, and you really can’t go wrong during the holiday season serving a cookie with two cups of butter in it!
Tis’ the season for a little indulging, right? Not to mention, this is the perfect cookie to enjoy with a mug of hot cocoa. I also love that these cookies are so easy, they’re practically fool-proof. Plus, the recipe makes a ton, and they freeze well.
That’s pretty much everything I look for (besides being delicious) in a holiday cookie. Just a note, if you do freeze these, you’ll want to add the second coating of powdered sugar after they’ve thawed.
If you have a food processor, that’s a great way to finely chop your pecans. It gives the cookies the perfect texture, in my opinion, so I highly recommend going that route if you can. Not to mention, it saves you the work of all that chopping!
Despite the fact that this recipe makes quite a few cookies, they didn’t last long at my house. They’re just so dainty, it’s hard not to go back for seconds.
My whole family loved them, especially my boys. Although I will admit, these cookies can be a bit messy, especially in the hands of small children and teenage boys.
But they’re so good, it’s worth wiping up the powdered sugar residue these cookies leave behind.
If you’ve never made a cookie like this before, these are a must try. These Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies are destined to become a holiday tradition!
Be sure to save this Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies
Delightful pecan shortbread cookies coated in powdered sugar. A holiday cookie classic!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in water and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatted cookies slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. While cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar, to coat. If desired, roll cookies in powdered sugar a second time before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home