MINI SALTED CARAMEL CUPS — Mini chocolate filled caramel cups topped with a hint of sea salt.
When it comes to sweet treats, chocolate definitely tops my list, with caramel being a close second. So I was pretty much in heaven after I made these Mini Salted Caramel Cups. They’re a chocolate and caramel lover’s dream come true!
The best part is, these are so easy to make. Like, dangerously easily. Because I could eat them all by myself.
All you need is a mini muffin pan, some mini muffin paper liners, and of course, some chocolate and caramel. I told you, it’s dangerous!
The hardest part of making these little salted caramel cups is unwrapping the caramels. But if you enlist the help of a child or husband, you don’t even have to worry about that!
If you have a small pastry brush, that works great for spreading the chocolate up the sides of the mini muffin papers. I just used the back of a spoon to do the job, and it worked like a charm.
I mean, you guys! Just look at that delicious, gooey caramel. These really are irresistible.
I like to melt everything in the microwave, but the stove top will work too. And I recommend dark or semi-sweet chocolate (or a combination).
But if milk chocolate is your thing, then go for it! It’s pretty hard to make these caramel filled chocolates NOT be amazingly good.
My family loved these as much as I did, and they disappeared quickly. I had to stash a few away for myself they were going so fast!
These Mini Salted Caramel Cups are definitely going to become a holiday tradition at my house. In fact, they’re so easy to make, they might just become a weekly tradition! I told you…..dangerous!
Be sure to save this Mini Salted Caramel Cups recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Mini chocolate filled caramel cups topped with a hint of sea salt.
- 20 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate, or chocolate chips
- 1 (11 oz.) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes at 50% power; stir. Continue cooking at 50% power for 15 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of chocolate into each muffin cup. Use a small pastry brush, or the back of a spoon to push the chocolate up the sides of the muffin liners, almost to the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer. Meanwhile, place the caramels and cream in another microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Continue to microwave at 15 second intervals until caramels are smooth.
- Remove muffin tin from freezer. Spoon caramel into chocolate cups, about 3/4 full. Return to the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over the caramel filling and smooth the tops. (You may have to reheat your chocolate if it has cooled down significantly). Sprinkle the tops of the caramel cups with coarse sea salt, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Creme De La Crumb