CRANBERRY PEPPER JELLY TURKEY BREAST — Tender roasted turkey breast with a sweet and spicy cranberry pepper jelly glaze.
I love trying out new turkey recipes in the week’s leading up to Thanksgiving. And let me tell you, this Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast was a big hit!
Usually I opt for a turkey breast, because the size is more suited to my family’s needs, especially when we’re not having an actual Thanksgiving feast.
The sweet and spicy glaze on this turkey was amazing, but the thing I loved most of all was the gorgeous red color. And we all love spooning extra sauce over the cooked and sliced turkey.
The glaze gets an extra kick from diced chipotles in adobo, but if you’re worried about it being too spicy, you could certainly leave that out. You’ll still notice a bit of heat from the red pepper jelly.
Speaking of red pepper jelly, I wasn’t sure how easy that would be to find, but it was right there in the grocery store with the other jams and jellies, so hopefully you won’t have any trouble finding it.
It’s really what makes this turkey recipe unique!
One of my secrets for a moist and juicy turkey breast is to marinate it in buttermilk before cooking, so I’ve included that step in this recipe. You can skip it if you’d like, but it really does make a difference.
Also, a note about the netting that often comes on a turkey breast. Typically I leave that on during cooking, and I did with this turkey, but some of your glaze is going to come off when you remove the net.
That was okay with me, because I knew I’d be adding more glaze afterwards, but if you’d rather, you can remove the netting right from the start.
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to prepare your holiday turkey, then Cranberry Pepper Jelly turkey may just be the recipe for you!
My family loved it so much, I’m thinking about making two turkey breasts for thanksgiving dinner–a traditional turkey and this sweet and spicy version.
Be sure to save this Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast
Tender roasted turkey breast with a sweet and spicy cranberry pepper jelly glaze.
- Place the turkey breast in a large, zip-top bag. Pour the buttermilk over the turkey and tightly seal the bag. Place on a large plate and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the turkey from the buttermilk and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, red pepper jelly, chipotles in adobo and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the glaze.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and brush with some of the remaining glaze. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Preheat broiler. When turkey is done, remove from oven and cut off netting (if you have left it on). Brush the turkey with more glaze, then place it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until glaze is bubbly and caramelized. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Stir apple cider vinegar into the reserved 1 cup of glaze and serve alongside the turkey.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Taste of the South