CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE — Fresh cranberries, dark chocolate and pecans come together in this decadent holiday pie.
If you love pecan pie, and even if you don’t, you’re going to love this Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Pie. Trust me, pecan pie haters, my husband is one of you, and he loved this pie!
Every once in a while, you taste a pecan, but mostly it’s rich, decadent chocolate and tangy cranberries. The balance of sweet and tart is just perfect.
Believe me, chocolate and cranberries are a match made in heaven! Although, to be fair, I’d say that about just about anything paired with chocolate. Not only does this pie look beautiful, and so festive, it slices beautifully too.
And if you’ll be serving it for the holidays, it can be made several days in advance. As far as I’m concerned, make-ahead recipes are a must for holiday dinners!
You do need to bake the crust for this pie for about 10 minutes before you add the filling and finish baking.
Just make sure you put some pie weights, or do what I did. Line your unbaked crust with parchment paper or foil, then fill it with uncooked rice.
If you don’t weight down your crust, the sides will slide right down to the bottom of the pie pan. Take it from someone with experience!
Fresh cranberries should be widely available in stores by now, and it’s always a good idea to buy a few extra bags and stick them in your freezer. They’re very seasonal, but I love cooking and baking with them all year long.
My husband wasn’t the only one who loved this pie. My boys and I did too, and we all agreed that it should make an appearance on our Thanksgiving table!
Be sure to save this Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pie crust
- Chocolate chips
Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Pie
Fresh cranberries, dark chocolate and pecans come together in this decadent holiday pie.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Transfer to a 9 inch pie plate. Trim pastry about 1/2 inch beyond rim of plate and flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes while oven preheats to 450 degrees.
- Prick the crust all over with the tines of a fork, then line with a double thickness of foil, or parchment paper. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Remove crust to a wire rack and remove the foil and weights. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans, cranberries and chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Keywords: cranberry, chocolate, pecan, pie
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home