OATMEAL COCONUT RANGER COOKIES — Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with coconut and crisp rice cereal. Perfectly simple and delicious, these cookies are a favorite for after-school snacking!
It’s been awhile since I made a batch of cookies that disappeared in a matter of hours, but that’s exactly what happened with these Oatmeal Coconut Ranger Cookies.
No one in the family could stop eating them! I had to give some to the neighbors to keep us from over-indulging!
Why are they called Ranger Cookies, you ask? I honestly don’t know. Come to think of it, I’m not sure how Cowboy Cookies got their name either.
But I’m pretty sure “ranger” and “cowboy” are code words for “soft, chewy cookie deliciousness.” Made with oats, Rice Krispies cereal and coconut, these cookies were an irresistible combination of crunchy and chewy.
And I’m not kidding when I say they were irresistible. I’m pretty sure my boys ate even more than I did!
Even without chocolate chips, these cookies were amazing! But you could easily add chocolate chips.
But they were honestly and truly delicious without any kind of chips at all. Which makes this a great cookie for adding all kinds of your own fun additions.
I always recommend baking cookies for the shortest time possible. I try and remove mine from the oven when they are just starting to turn golden.
You’ll definitely need to let these cookies rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, because they’ll be super soft at first. But once they cool, they’ll be perfect.
Be sure to save this Oatmeal Coconut Ranger Cookies recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with coconut and crisp rice cereal. Perfectly simple and delicious, these cookies are a favorite for after-school snacking!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cereal and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pan for 3-5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home