EASY STRAWBERRY LEMONADE COOKIES — These lemon infused strawberry cookies start with are super easy thanks to a strawberry cake mix. With a tangy lemon frosting, they’re sure to be a hit all summer long!
We’re well into summer break at this point, which means I have hungry boys roaming the house all day long! I’m also hearing a lot of “I’m hungry,” and “I’m bored.”
Luckily, my kids are all old enough to follow a simple recipe and make their own goodies. Cake mix cookies, like these easy Strawberry Lemonade Cookies, are one of their favorite things to bake.
And best of all, baking cookies gives them something to eat and something to do! And that’s a win-win for me!
To make these simple cookies, all you need is a strawberry cake mix, a few lemons, and some pantry staples like flour, oil and eggs. I add a bit of lemon zest to the batter, and then top everything off with a tangy lemon glaze.
These cookies come out so soft and chewy, with the perfect balance of sweet and tart. I think my husband and boys finished them off in less than 24 hours. (I told you they were hungry!).
They couldn’t wait for me to finish photographing them so they could dig in. I had to stash a few away for myself to make sure I got some
Obviously there are tons of ways to adapt this recipe using other flavors of cake mix. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are another one of our favorites.
And cake mix cookies are a really great way to get kids in the kitchen cooking. I hope you love this version as much as my family and I did!
Be sure to save this recipe for Easy Strawberry Lemonade Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
These lemon infused strawberry cookies start with are super easy thanks to a strawberry cake mix. With a tangy lemon frosting, they’re sure to be a hit all summer long!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix (any brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, flour, lemon juice and zest. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined (batter will be sticky).
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking pans. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, combine powdered sugar and about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth. Add additional lemon juice, as needed, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe that I first shared at Eighteen25.