SHRIMP SHEET PAN FAJITAS — Shrimp, peppers and onions, roasted in the oven and served in tortillas with cilantro lime sour cream.
I love ordering a big platter of sizzling fajitas when I go to a Mexican restaurant, but I don’t make them at home very often. Or I should say, I didn’t, until I discovered sheet pan fajitas.
They are so easy to make and can be done with beef, chicken, or our family’s favorite–Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas!
One of the best things about cooking with shrimp (and most seafood, for that matter), is that’s it is so quick!
Once you’ve got the prep work done, these fajitas are done in about 10 minutes! You can’t beat that on a busy week night.
I usually use frozen, thawed shrimp in this recipe, just because it’s convenient to keep on hand, but fresh shrimp works great too. And you can use any types of bell peppers you’d like. I just happen to prefer red, yellow and orange.
I’ve also shared my recipe for cilantro lime sour cream, because it pairs so well with the spicy shrimp in these fajitas.
When I’m doing chicken or beef sheet pan fajitas, I usually stick with guacamole and sour cream, but this cilantro lime sauce is a must when I make shrimp fajitas.
And of course, I still serve them with avocado or guacamole, and sour cream too!
My whole family gets excited when they know these shrimp fajitas are on the menu. I hope you love them as much as we do.
Be sure to save this Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Equipment you’ll need to make this recipe:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas
Shrimp, peppers and onions, roasted in the oven and served in tortillas with cilantro lime sour cream.
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (and thawed if frozen)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortillas, lime wedges, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro lime sour cream, for serving
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup green salsa
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
For the fajita filling
For the cilantro lime sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread shrimp and sliced peppers on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp and veggies evenly with seasoning.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. For more charred fajitas, broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- While the shrimp cooks, make the cilantro lime sour cream by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mixing well.
- Serve shrimp filling in warm tortillas with cilantro lime sour cream, lime wedges, sour cream, guacamole, or your favorite fajita toppings.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Laughing Spatula