Thank you Born Sweet Zing™ Stevia Sweetener and Collective Bias, Inc. for sponsoring this post. Try Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener for a taste of sweet excitement! All opinions are my own. #SweetExcitement #CollectiveBias
After what seemed like weeks of rain and chilly temperatures, warmer weather has finally arrived in Colorado, which means it’s time to start thinking about some cool, refreshing summer beverages. And this Sparkling Mint Limeade is one of my favorite summer drink creations.
It features sweetened mint and lime syrup along with fresh squeezed lime juice, all topped off with some refreshing sparkling water. And of course, you need a lime wedge, a sprig of mint, and some fun straws to finish things off!
Even better, I made the syrup with Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, which has only real ingredients and nothing artificial. So it’s perfect for adding some sweetness to your favorite foods and drinks. It’s even delicious in smoothies or sprinkled over fresh fruit–two of my other favorite summertime treats!
For my Sparkling Mint Limeade, I simply added Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, plus some lime juice and zest, to a few cups of water. After boiling everything for a few minutes, I added a big bunch of fresh mint leaves and let the mixture steep for about 10 minutes. The result was a delicious mint and lime infused syrup that can be used as the base for so many refreshing drinks.
I’ve actually been adding Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener to fruit flavored sparkling water for the last few weeks. I’m not normally a fan of unsweetened sparkling water. But Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener turned out to be the perfect way to add that hint of sweetness I was looking for.
Just one packet (or 1/4 teaspoon) gives you the sweetness of 2 teaspoons of sugar. And since it adds zero calories, it’s a taste of sweet excitement that I don’t need to feel guilty about!
This Sparkling Mint Limeade is such a simple, easy way to stay cool and refreshed this summer. You don’t need to stick with just lime and mint either. Simple syrups can be created with all kinds of fruits, juices and fresh herbs–mint and basil are my favorite for adding to drinks.
Sparkling Mint Limeade
For the lime/mint syrup2 cups water
- 8 packets (2 teaspoons) Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
For one glass of sparkling mint limeade2 tablespoons lime/mint syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sparkling water
- Lime wedges and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, zest and juice of one lime to a boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh mint leaves. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make a glass of sparkling mint limeade, fill an 8 ounce glass about 1/2 full of ice.
- Add lime/mint syrup and 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice. Top glass off with sparkling water. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
And if you really want to give your taste buds something new and amaZING to be excited about, be sure to try Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener. Click here to get a free sample for yourself! Or look for Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener in a store near you.