I love a good, fresh salsa, especially during the summer time! You can never go wrong serving chips and salsa at a backyard barbecue or party. Really, you can’t go wrong with chips and salsa any time of year, but this Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is perfect for summer time!
Not only is this delicious sweet and savory salsa full of amazing flavors, it’s full of beautiful colors too! The sweet and tangy pineapple is balanced by the black beans and a kick of jalapeno. And it’s all finished off with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Best of all this salsa is good for you, and so easy to make. Honestly, I could probably finish off the whole bowl myself. I don’t even need tortilla chips. Just pass me a spoon!
You can adjust the heat level on this salsa by using more or less jalapenos. The more seeds you leave in your jalapenos, the spicier your salsa will be. You can use canned pineapple tidbits in place of the fresh in a pinch, but I do recommend fresh pineapple if you can get it. It is so good!
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Be sure to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Follow my Appetizer Recipes board on Pinterest for more great recipe ideas.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe