BIG PEANUT BUTTER M&M COOKIES — Huge peanut butter cookies, loaded with chocolate coated candy pieces. With a glass of milk, they’re the perfect after school snack!
I don’t know about you, but there’s something about a big, bakery-style cookie I just can’t resist. Especially when peanut butter and chocolate are involved. And besides being absolutely delicious, these Big Peanut Butter M&M Cookies are just fun!
I definitely think all those colorful M&M’s are part of what makes these cookies so irresistible. And peanut butter cookies are right up there with chocolate chip when it comes to my all-time favorites.
Even better, these cookies are so easy to make! This is definitely a recipe where you want to get the kids helping in the kitchen.
Of course, if you don’t want such a big cookie, you can always make these a more traditional size. Just cut down on the cooking time a few minutes to compensate.
You don’t have to stick with regular old M&M’s either–there are so many flavors to choose from these days–just make sure you choose something that goes well with peanut butter.
If you’ve ever signed up to bring treats for the school bake sale, this recipe is definitely a winner! Like I said, this is the kind of cookie people find hard to resist, and they’ll sell like hotcakes. Or like amazingly delicious cookies!
As with any homemade cookie, be sure not to over bake these, and let them cool on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Then pour yourself a big glass of cold milk and enjoy!
Be sure to save this Easy Poppy Seed Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Big Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Huge peanut butter cookies, loaded with chocolate coated candy pieces. With a glass of milk, they’re the perfect after school snack!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups creamy peanut utter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups M&M’s chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. Mix in M&M’s. Cover dough and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Using a large scoop (such as an ice cream scoop, or 1/4 cup measuring cup), drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until golden and just set. Cool on pans 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Keywords: peanut butter, cookies, candy
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe