SLOW COOKER KOREAN BEEF — Beef roast is slow cooked in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, ginger and spices, then served over rice and garnished with green onion.
You’ve probably noticed that we eat a lot of slow cooked, shredded meat around here. I’ve decided it’s just a way of life in a house full of busy, hungry teenage boys. And my boys loved this Slow Cooker Korean Beef.
I can buy a large, inexpensive cut of meat (because those boys eat a lot!), slow cook it all day long, and have a delicious, satisfying meal ready to serve at dinner time.
And with a 10 minute prep time, it doesn’t get much easier than this.
We all love this Slow Cooker Korean Beef–even my picky eaters go back for seconds. It has so many of my favorite flavors, like ginger and sesame oil, with a bit of sweetness and spice. Feel free to adjust the spice level to suit your tastes.
You can even add sliced bell peppers about 30 minutes before serving, if you feel like throwing some veggies into the mix.
It’s a pretty versatile meal, which is another reason it makes a regular appearance on my dinner menu.
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Korean Beef recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
We like to serve this beef over rice, topped with sesame seeds and green onions, but it also makes some fabulous tacos and nachos!
And like I said, it only takes about 10 minutes to get this going in the slow cooker, which makes it the perfect meal for hectic days.
I like to keep a beef roast in my freezer, just for recipes like this. If you can find roast on sale, even better! Then you’re prepared for the hectic nights when you still want to serve your family a hearty, home cooked meal.Print
Beef roast is slow cooked in a mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, ginger and spices, then served over rice and garnished with green onion.
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2.5-3 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, onion powder and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 6-qt slow cooker. Add roast pieces and pour the beef broth mixture over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred with two forks; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker until smooth.
- Return shredded beef to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Damn Delicious