If you’ve never tried making flavored syrups to add to your drinks, you’re missing out. It’s so easy to do, and so much fun too! One of my favorites is this Pineapple Mint Syrup. It’s delicious in a glass of sparkling water or lemonade. I plan to keep some in the refrigerator all summer long!
Honestly, if you can boil water, you can make this syrup. It’s that easy! Of course, you have to add a few more ingredients to your water, but that’s really about all there is too it.
Just boil your sugar and water mixture for a few minutes, then add some fresh mint and let it steep for 10 minutes or so.
The great thing is, this technique works pretty well with other juices and fresh herbs. Mint is one of my favorite herbs to infuse simple syrups with, but basil goes pretty well with a lot of fruity syrup flavors too, including this one.
When you’re ready for a cool, refreshing drink, just add a few tablespoons of this syrup to the bottom of a glass and fill it up with some sparkling water.
If you want to be fancy, include a fun straw and a sprig of fresh mint. This is also wonderful added to a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade.
I store this syrup in a covered Mason jar in the refrigerator. It will last for up to three months, but we use it all long before that!
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Pineapple Mint Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, pineapple juice, sugar and lemon or lime juice to a boil over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves, then boil 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves. Let steep for 10 minute.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard solids. Let cool completely then transfer to a covered container and store in the refrigerator for up to three months.
- Serving Size: 36
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Be sure to follow my Drink Up board on Pinterest for more refreshing recipe ideas: