ITALIAN HOAGIE DIP — Your favorite Italian sub sandwich fixings, chopped and served dip-style with crusty baguette slices.
With summer right around the corner, you’re going to need a great dish to take to all those backyard barbecues and summer holiday celebrations. And this Italian Hoagie Dip is sure to be a hit anywhere you go!
My husband and boys loved it! A lot! Even my pickiest eater couldn’t get enough.
I also served it to company and they loved it too! I predict that everywhere I take this delicious dip, people will be asking for the recipe. Basically, you take all the ingredients from your favorite Italian sub, dice them up, and serve them dip-style on baguette slices.
Trust me. It works! Although when I explained this to my oldest (smart-aleck) son, he said “Or, you could just not chop everything up, and put the slices of meat and cheese between to pieces of bread.”
Turns out, he loved it more than anyone! If you prefer, you could also serve this with chips or crackers, but I like to stick with some sort of bread, in keeping with the whole sandwich theme.
You can make this a day ahead, as long as you wait until just before serving to add the lettuce. We love the hot banana peppers, but you can leave those out if you prefer.
Diced tomatoes are another nice addition, but a lot of people (especially kids) don’t like them, so I usually leave them out, or serve them on the side.
Be sure to save this Italian Hoagie Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, diced small
- 1/4 pound deli Genoa salami, diced small
- 1/4 pound deli ham, diced small
- 8 slices Provolone cheese, diced small
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup hot banana peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 cups finely chopped iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped meats and cheese, onion and banana peppers. Add the mayonnaise and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped lettuce. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.
- Serving Size: 8
However and wherever you decide to serve this, it sure to be a hit! I’ve already got it on my Memorial Day menu!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from It Is a Keeper