During the school year, breakfast comes early at our house. The first child leaves the house before 6 am, which means quick, grab-and-go style breakfasts, like these Double Chocolate Banana Muffins, are a must at our house!
My boys are big TruMoo chocolate milk drinkers, so I decided to substitute chocolate milk in place of the regular milk in these muffins.
More chocolate is always a good thing, right?
And I’m really excited about TruMoo’s new Calcium Plus chocolate milk. As a mom to two teenagers and a pre-teen, I’m always worried about them getting enough calcium in their diet, and TruMoo Calcium plus is a great way to make sure that happens.
TruMoo Calcium Plus contains 50% more calcium per serving than regular low-fat white milk, and just like regular TruMoo, it has no artificial growth hormones and no high fructose corn syrup.
Which means I feel good about serving it to my family, whether it’s in a glass or a delicious muffin!
My family loved these muffins! They were super moist with great chocolate and banana flavor.
The recipe even made enough that I was able to freeze some for later. It’s always handy to have a stash of muffins in the freezer for extra busy mornings.
I used half wheat and half white flour, but you could certainly use all wheat or white.
And although I really love the chocolate chips, you could leave them out, or replace them with chopped nuts if you wanted to.
I recommend using really ripe bananas in these muffins (and any time you use bananas in baking), because they add more sweetness and moisture than no-so-ripe bananas.
One thing is for sure, these muffins are going to become a breakfast staple at our house!Print
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 18-20 muffin cups with paper liners. Spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together chocolate milk, yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until batter is just blended. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 18
I hope your family loves these muffins as much as I did. Not only do they make a great breakfast, but they’re great for after-school-snacking too.
And don’t forget to look for new TruMoo Calcium Plus chocolate milk at your favorite grocery store.
Be sure to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board so you can enjoy it later!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of TruMoo. All opinions stated are my own.