PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE MOUSSE — A layer of rich chocolate fudge is topped off with a light and fluffy peanut butter mousse. This decadent dessert was made for peanut butter and chocolate lovers!
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, you’re going to love this Peanut Butter Fudge Mousse.
This is my favorite kind of dessert–easy, no-bake and delicious! The creamy peanut butter mousse sits atop a chocolate crumb crust and layer of rich, decadent fudge.
My 15 year-old is a peanut butter and chocolate fanatic, and he gave this two thumbs WAY up! And the rest of the family loved it too.
I used store-bought hot fudge to make this dessert easy to prepare, but you could certainly go all-out and make a homemade ganache to use in the base.
I love that this dessert can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator, which makes it perfect for entertaining.
The light mousse and the thick layer of fudge are a match made in heaven. Chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips make a perfect garnish.
I got six (4 ounce) servings from this recipe, but you may get more or less, depending on the size of your dishes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Butter Fudge Mousse
- Fudge sauce
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
Peanut Butter Fudge Mousse
A layer of rich chocolate fudge is topped off with a light and fluffy peanut butter mousse. This decadent dessert was made for peanut butter and chocolate lovers!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: American
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar prepared hot fudge sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine crushed Oreos and melted butter. Spoon about one tablespoon of crumb mixture into the bottom of 6-8 small dessert dishes (you may not use all the crumbs, depending on the size of your dishes).
- Warm the hot fudge sauce in the microwave. Spoon 2 tablespoons of sauce over the crumb mixture in each dessert dish. Refrigerate while you prepare the mousse.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until smooth. Refrigerate the mousse for about 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse over the hot fudge layer in the dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm. Garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
Keywords: peanut butter, fudge, mousse, chocolate
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe. Peanut butter mousse adapted from Lick the Bowl Good.