Mother’s Day is right around the corner, which means it time to start giving my husband and boys some suggestions for simple, delicious recipes so that they can make dinner while I sit back and relax. Of course, they need some dessert suggestions too! And I’ve already starting dropping hints about how easy it would be for them to make me this No Bake Berries and Cream Cake for Mother’s Day.
This cake is perfect for Mother’s Day. And it’s so easy! You don’t even have to turn on the oven. To start, you just thaw a Sara Lee frozen pound cake, then slice it and layer it in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
If you have a bit of extra pound cake, go ahead and eat it! It’s delicious!
Next, you mix up the delicious, creamy filling. First, you beat together cream cheese and vanilla pudding, then you fold in some Cool Whip Whipped Topping.
Then you spread the cream cheese mixture over the pound cake and put the cake in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat!
I’m going to make sure I have a Sara Lee Pound Cake and some Cool Whip in my freezer when Mother’s Day rolls around, because they’re both trusted brands that offer a delicious and simple way for my boys to make me feel special!
To finish off your cake, you’ll need about 4 cups of fresh berries–sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are all great choices.
I like to add the berries just before serving, since they tend to release some natural juices that can make the filling runny.
If you know you’ll be finishing off the cake in one sitting, go ahead and cover the whole cake with berries. If you’re expecting leftovers, add the berries to individual servings. You can even add an extra dollop of Cool Whip on top, if you like!
And did you know that Cool Whip can be kept in the refrigerator for two weeks after you’ve defrosted it?
Not that this cake would last anywhere near 2 weeks at my house. But I can always think of something to do with extra Cool Whip!
If you’re hoping someone will make you something delicious for Mother’s Day, I highly recommend leaving a copy of this recipe in a conspicuous location.
And if you’re looking to surprise a special mom in your life, this beautiful cake is the perfect way to say “thanks for everything you do!”
- 1 Family Size Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1.5 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 4 cups fresh berries
- Sliced pound cake into 3/4 inch slices. Layer the slices in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk and smooth. Let stand 5 minutes, or until partially set. Add pudding to cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Fold Cool Whip into the pudding mixture until well combined. Spread the pudding mixture over the pound cake in an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top cake with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Total time includes refrigeration.
- Serving Size: 16
I always like to keep a Sara Lee dessert and some Cool Whip Whipped Topping in my freezer so I’m prepared for easy entertaining or snacking.
You can find Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping products in the frozen foods section at your local Kroger store. Be sure to stock your freezer now so you’ll be ready to impress mom in the kitchen this Mother’s Day!
And don’t forget to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.