Okay friends, stick with me on this one. I thought Dill Pickle Roast Beef sounded a little odd at first too. But then I though about a delicious roast beef sandwich topped with dill pickles and realized, this could be really, really good. And it was!
Yes, you throw a whole jar of pickles in the pot with your beef, carrots and potatoes. But I promise, things don’t come out tasting too much like pickles. But everything is infused with a hint of tangy dill flavor, and it’s just perfect.
Even better, this is so easy! You literally put everything in the slow cooker and walk away. Eight hours later, dinner is served. You don’t have to eat the pickles at the end, but they were surprisingly good–a bite of roast with a little bit of pickle–it was fabulous!
Dill Pickle Roast Beef
- 1 (2-3 lb.) beef roast
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz.) jar baby dill pickles
- Place the roast in a lightly greased slow cooker. Arrange the carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Add the pepper, onion powder and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of pickles (including the juice) over the roast and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until roast is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food.com