You guys! This Dark Chocolate Cream Pie is amazing! I confess, my 15 year-old son spotted the recipe and asked to make it for dessert. He really has an eye for delicious recipes, and once again, he picked a winner.
This Dark Chocolate Cream Pie is nothing but creamy chocolate goodness through and through. If you love chocolate, then this is definitely the pie for you!
Not only does it taste amazing, it sets up and slices beautifully. And it’s so easy to make!
I recommend serving it with some fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream to cut the richness, although it’s perfectly delicious on it’s own.
Honestly, it’s almost too good to be true. Just make this one. You won’t regret it!
Dark Chocolate Cream Pie
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine chopped chocolate and 1/3 cup cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- With an electric mixer, beat the remaining cream and 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spread the filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
Total time includes refrigeration.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate & More