Aside from steamed veggies, or the less fancy baby carrots and Ranch dressing, I don’t have a lot of side dishes in my repertoire. But I believe you can never have too many recipes for potatoes. It’s the one side I know my kids will always eat, which I can’t always say for the steamed veggies. And these Cheesy Lemon Parsley Potatoes are my new favorite.
Imagine a cross between roasted potatoes and au gratin potatoes. That’s what this dish reminds me of. Chunks of potatoes are baked in cream and garlic, then finished off with Swiss cheese, lemon zest and fresh parsley. I also love that this dish uses a combination of red and yellow potatoes for a beautiful presentation. But you could certainly use one kind of potato and it would still be delicious!
Cheesy Lemon Parsley Potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1.5 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Zest of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer in the prepared dish and pour the cream mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, lemon zest and parsley. Bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home
Follow my Potato Recipes board on Pinterest for more great ways to enjoy potatoes.